Friday, August 15, 2003

abductions & reconstructions

I want to sleep. I need to sleep. No sleep. Poker (won), pool (lost), and drinking (everyone wins) rounded out my gentleman's triumverate of the night. Starseeds - I love that place so much...it is such a righteous dump. Home at 4 am. Sleep till 8 am. The newspaper delivery guy keeps leaving me cryptic messages scrawled on the bags my paper comes in. Today: "I do not jiggle door handles in the middle of the night," last time it was "No one is stealing your paper." Went to work, appearently I wasn't scheduled but got suckered into working for a guy with a heart attack grandma. Home at 11. Starlight Mints at the Merc with angie. Missed the opening act (Steve of Blues Clues fame) but the mints were great. Wandered to the whiskey for drinks. Home at 2am. Made a day-date with sam. Insomniacking on mad nerves, went for a 4 am jog. I love this city at four am; the Cement Mixers and I danced the morning away on congress avenue. Sleep came but was fleeting. The Newspaperman woke me, tossing my paper at my patio window. I want to give him a big hug. *love, steve.

No comments: