Sunday, January 4, 2004

life of leaves

Home after a sleepless adventure with Monstro today I decided it best not to bother trying to squeeze in a nap before going to mass. I didn't want to miss my last opportunity of the night to go to church. I began busying myself with tidying my apartment and struck upon an idea while sweeping my modest patio. A pile of dry leaves had collected in the corner of the space so I gathered the flatest and most sturdy of the group, sat myself on the floor outside my bathroom and proceded to write on them the elements of my life I would like to see change over the course of the new year. This is no easy task, I'll have you know, writing on dry, brittle leaves, but that made it all the more satisfying. I filled my pockets with them and as I walked to church let the breeze carry them off. How's that for a symbolic gesture? Happy New Year, everyone. *love, r.

No comments: