six million, seven hundred thousand and thirty-three lights on.
While my attempts at assorted abstainence during lent were thwarted by my complete lack of self control, I am determined to successfully endure national TV Turnoff Week this week (April 19th-25th). I've managed to keep this annual tradition more or less successfully ever since I was lured into the adbusters fold three years ago by a batallion of brickbat-weilding performance art propagandists (whom I'm pretty sure were just pushing TV turnoff week as an excuse for busting up tv sets). I am not imune to the irony of shunning my tv for a week considering my imminent degree actually has 'television' in the title, but really I think its a worthwhile endevor, especially for kids and especially when the weather is nice, which it has mostly been lately. TVTOW has only been underway for a few hours now and already I feel like congratulating myself for my restraint for not watching the COPS special all-nudity-related busts show. *love, r.
No comments:
Post a Comment