
Today is Sam's birthday! She is so wonderful and smart and beautiful and I am so glad that she was born so that she could grow up into the incredible person she is, meet me and eventually agree to be my wife! For her birthday I got her a simple gold necklace that I assembled myself as well as a copy of
De Blob 2 for
Wii
since she really liked the original
De Blob
. Did I mention that she is so great and I love her so much, well I do. We had a fun birthday dinner at an
out-of-the-way fancy steakhouse that turned out have a sort of weird and dated vibe and our waiter was very peculiar, providing us with all manner of unsolicited facts about our food and the owner. Part of his unintelligible banter involved something about a $10,000 chef exam and the Olympics. I mean I guess there are some sort of Culinary Olympics, but lots of cooking competitions bill themselves as t
he Olympics of food. Other theories include the owner having a food cart at the Summer Games or perhaps he won a raffle at the Olympic village, either way, it didn't make the crab cakes hit the table any faster.

But I digress. Sam is the best and definitely the cutest wife in all of Wifedom. After dinner we came home and had some delicious Carrot cake from
Ravelin in Denton, an awesome little bakery that is really too good for that town. Their stuff is actually not so sweet that it makes your teeth ache and instead of being
spackled with thick layers of terrible frosting the cake was conservatively frosted just the between the layers and on top which also had a nice array of fresh fruit. Hooray Birthday Cake! Happy Birthday Sam!
No comments:
Post a Comment